Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NWAAC Jewelry Class Starts May 2nd at the Crossings


My next class at NWAAC is May 2, with all the Wednesdays in May following from 10-12.

A visit from best friends in Ohio slowed down general jewelry construction, while boosting opportunities for practicing my favorite hobby.  With fingers still bandaged from earlier attempts at wire, I made Rosemary many new pieces for her collection.  We had a wonderful time, and I taught her how to make beautiful pieces from her collection of beads, collected on our many trips around Arizona (while we lived there), and Arkansas.  One of our adventures was visiting all strung out, with a class with Bea Rivera.

I have since stocked up on wire, and devised a way to weave, or braid wires into necklaces which can be used plain or with pendants.  These are a bit easier on my fingers than byzantine has been.  These necklaces are definitely worth a try, though they use 1+ package of Beadalon wire.  They are pictured here.  I loved the braiding and the pretty look they have alone and with pendants.  I also tried some combinations with the many colors of wire now available at jewelry supply stores.  It's good to be back.  I missed you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment