Saturday, June 23, 2012

Citrine Jewelry and July NWACC Class Starting

 

Hi everyone!  I love rocks.  Who could not love sunshine in a stone?  Citrine has a wonderful way of making everyone think of sunshine, honey, gold, and even warm orange in it's lightest tones.  Last week I found citrine at All Strung Out.  I immediately made a necklace in gold wire and a pair of earrings.  The strings I bought covered the gamut of colors.  Using natural rocks has always been one of my favorite ways of making jewelry.  

Our recent guest blogger, my husband, has made this hobby possible for me. Loving rocks, and making jewelry has made me very happy.  Colors are so amazing!  Citrine can be found from transparent to almost solid.


 

The honey colored tones are so interesting and add variety when combined with all  the other shades.  They can be found as cabochons as well as faceted and add so much depth to a necklace or other piece of jewelry.  The variety is amazing.  Our grandson's birthstone is citrine. When Alex was born, I made a necklace that I didn't take off- of birthstones of each grandchild--Aquamarine, Amethyst and citrine.  I also got their names in sterling blocks, and symbols for each in charms. 

What a wonderful addition to my collection!


 

This citrine globe shows the variety of color and  shades in many of the pieces.

 

This ring is a gorgeous piece of madeira citrine, probably from Brazil.  I have a pair of earrings in madeira and have yet to find a color it does not complement.  In Scottsdale I found a pair of madeira earrings at a celebrity second hand store for $10.  Perhaps someone was not familiar with the inherent worth of those earrings.  I would love this ring for my collection.  Perhaps, it would buy a car.  Color, clarity, and cut are the main attributes to ascertain the worth.

The love for these stones is addicting.  I love working with the real thing.

Class begins soon, and working with my hobby again will be amazing. I wish you all a wonderful summer, and most of all a hobby that you really love!


Here is the schedule for Chris:

Jul 11-Aug 11   10:00-12:00   RM 1001 – Making Your Own Wire Art

Here is the schedule for Greg:

Jul 11-Aug 11    10:00-12:00    RM 1004 – Getting Published

1 comment:

  1. I was just reseaching for some inspiration as I write and came across your blog ;) I LOVE jewelry and semi-precious stones are my preference due to their array of beautiful colours. Looking forward to seeing your updates and rather envious that I can't come to the classes!

    ReplyDelete