Thursday, March 15, 2012

Necklaces by Chris Jackson

Wednesday evening I took a class called multi-strand masterpieces.  I finished the blue necklace at class, and coped with the issue of crimp beads allowing 6 strands of necklace through to finish the piece and attach the closure pieces. It finally happened, and I fell into bed so pleased to have finished in time.  No more then, I've made them myself, but wanted to perfect my effort for further teaching ideas.

Suddenly, by Thursday, I was seized by an incredible urge to do just one more, you know, the more practice the better--suddenly I wielded the clippers to cut my favorite 3 strands, worn to reunion 40-and 45 in Moline, Ill., to make a new one!  There were beads to sort, wires to cut, crimp beads to ready, and focal beads to plan at the right place.  One more. The fingers now old and worn did it again, 3 wires at once, beading quickly to lessen the pain, now intense.  Then it happened again the final crimp bead...6 wires, no way.  Not finish! No way!

Just this one more--at 9 PM, issue resolved, a bit of a stretch, but  hello, a new necklace to place on the bust, to look at and not wear..but to have it done. Done! at last. But, alas, there are more beads that match--perhaps a new bracelet, to not wear but look at.  3 wires cut, crimp beads ready, focal beads in bin, new project started.  Now tired, more pain--just a bracelet. One more...like papers in college, one more, what's one more anyway.

The beads, the wires tangling, the dog wants petting.  I will finish this today, again, the crimp bead, again resistance.  Now it's 11 PM--not my best time of day.  One more time.  It is done.  No matter.  No more. Even if I only wear it once in my whole life.  Sleep, sweet sleep.  This is how a new class ends 24 hours later.  3 pieces.  One for jeans, the other for a new green dress.

Yes, I wore the blue necklace today.  Soon I will wear the multi-colored one too.  Too much time, work, and pain, and enjoyment obviously not to enjoy.  Maybe one more--some time.  Later more on another visit to Dark Visuals in Fayetteville.  So I thank you Ms. B, my teacher at all Strung Out---more for sure, just tomorrow please.  This is the motivation for beading. More More More--can't stop--Just more.  More tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment